Christmas is now gone and the New Year has already started. We had some nice time with our family and now I am ready to start this year. I would like to start some new projects with my craft work and with my podcast.
Works in progress:
- Cypress tunic – I have finished the front and the back, stitched the sides and knitted together the shoulders. I can’t wait to wear it.
- Featherweight cardigan I have knitted a bit on this cardigan but then I have decided that I didn’t like the garter stitch I have started after dividing for the sleeves and ripped that part back and started to knit in stockinet stitch. Now I like it a lot and I try to knit on it a bit every day.
- Panes and leaves hat by Elspeth Campbell – the ribbing is finished and I have started to knit the lace part. I am using a lot of stitch markers to make it easier to keep myself from making any mistakes. Lovely pattern, lovely wool.
- Cape gingham socks – This was my Christmas cast on. The socks are colourwork using 2 colours. I am knitting it in Drops Fabel colourways (100) and sun set (310). I casted them on and knitted the top part of the first sock an realised that they are not going to be as elastic as when I am using only one yarn. So, I ripped the sock up and casted on 64 stitches instead of 60 and after knitting the ribbing I increased to 72 stitches. Because of this increase in the stitches count I had to make a new chart to knit the colourwork (the picture of the chart in on my raverly project page). Now it is just to knit them up.
- Simple socks – another pair of comfy knitted socks finished. The receiver is very happy with them.
- Baby Sweater – I have finished this cardigan and was actually quite happy to have done so. It was a nice project but I wouldn’t say it was one of my favourite. I found knitting with such a thick yarn pretty hard and my hands were little hurting if I worked on it for longer. I think I will rather use a little thinner yarn in the future. But I was happy about the design as I done it completely myself and it worked just fine.
- BAA-BLE hat – This was another of my Christmas cast-ons. I was saving this project for it and once it was on the needles I couldn’t put it down. The yarn I used for it is Drops Big Merino in colourways Light Jeans (6), Olive (13), Cream (1), Black (4). The needles were size 3.75 mm for the ribbing and 4 mm for the rest of the hat.
- Drop Spindle – I am spinning some lovely merino in cream, light and dark pink colours. Really I am just playing a little and learning a lot.
- Turkish Spindle – I am spinning some corridale in cream, light pink, light blue, brown and burgundy mix. I am using my Turkish spindle for the first time and it is really nice to work with.
- Neon Sky Bonnet – I have some nice orange and brown yarn chosen for this hat. It will be great!
I want to with everybody a Happy New Year and lots of success with everything you will be doing in the 2016 year.