The weather in Slovakia was quite frozen this week. But my knitting was definitely not frozen. I was knitting some nice and warm things to keep me warm. We has some lovely walks with the boys and although it was below O °C the sun was nicely shining and the nature was beautiful.
Works in progress:
- Cypress tunic – I have finished the back piece and now I need to cast on the front
- Featherweight cardigan – I have done only few rows but I have started the fourth colour
- Cowl – I started to knit a small cowl to go with the Graham hat I have finished last week. I had a half of the ball left so I wanted to use the yarn up. I am not using any pattern it is just 80 stitches on needle size 6 mm 1×1 ribbing with the tubular cast on and bind off. I am using Drops yarn Big Delight in the mint chocolate 03 colourway.
- Speckled socks – Knitting these socks was really nice and relaxing project. Just simple plain socks with hell flap and turn. They are knitted in Phidar Phil Folk 100 yarn – colourway 100.
- Sockhead hat – I wanted to knit this pattern for a while now and watching some podcast a seeing it I just had to cast it on. So I got it on the needles, knitted it, washed it and I have worn it every day for my walks with the boys. Now I want to knit another one and another one……. Love it. Zarn is Drops Fabel Print – colourway fun lilac (911).
- Chilcat cowl – I have already started this cowl once but I didn’t like the fabric the yarn was creating. It definitely need to be a soft and drape fabric for this cowl and it wasn’t. So I frogged it and ordered some new yarn. It came on Thursday and I will cast it on next week. The yarn I am going to use is Drops Baby Alpaca Silk – colourways green (7820), heather (4088) a off white (0100).
- Panes and leaves hat – I watched The Dyer’s Notebook podcast and I got inspired to knit myself this hat. It is knitted in a sock yarn weight so it is similar to the sockhead hat but a little bit more special. The pattern is by Elsbeth Campbell. I will use yarn Drops Alpaca Mix – colourway light brown (607).
- Baby cardigan – This will be a cardigan for my sisters baby. I am not going to use any pattern. I made a swatch and decided to do it top down raglan style. It should be size 6-9 months.
I have found some time to do some cutting out this week and I hope to do some sewing the next. I want to make some project bags and some nice Christmas ones as well.
I really like using Drops yarn because it is easily available in Slovakia and they have a sale at the moment on all alpaca yarns. I couldn’t resist and I got myself some Baby Alpaca Silk, Alpaca and Nepal. They are really nice and made me happy when they came.
I am looking forward to the next week podcast recording and I wish you a nice week full of knitting.